|About||Browse Archives||Editorial Board||For Contributors|
You are not permitted to access the full text of articles.
If you have any questions about permissions,
please contact the Society.
회원님은 논문 이용 권한이 없습니다.
권한 관련 문의는 학회로 부탁 드립니다.
Article 1. Purpose
The Regulations aim to prescribe the screening procedures and criteria of the papers submitted to the journal of KOSMEE, a Korean collection of papers published by the KOSMEE.
Article 2. Selection of the Editorial Member in Charge
If a submitted paper is received, the Editor-in-Chief shall select one Editorial Member as an Editorial Member in charge, and the selected person shall become a judge of the paper, and the person is requested to be in charge of the paper screening.
Article 3. Selection of Judges
The Editorial Member in charge shall select two or more experts in the field concerned as judges, and make a request for screening of a paper. In some case, the Editorial Member in charge can become the judge as well.
Article 4. Paper Screening
A judge requested to screen a paper shall screen the paper in consideration of the originality, clearness, logic, and association with the study fields of the KOSMEE, and the status of complying with the submission regulations. The judge shall evaluate as follows: “publication without correction,” “publication after correction,” “re-screening after correction,” or “Reject.”
Article 5. Reporting of Screening
(1) A judge requested to screen a paper shall present a certain form of a screening opinion to the Editorial Member in charge within 30 days after being requested to screen.
(2) If the screening opinion is not presented after 30 days, the Editorial Member shall urge the judge to screen the paper. If the screening opinion is not presented even after another 7 days, the Editorial Member shall dismiss the judge, and may select another judge.
Article 6. Quick Screening
A judge shall present a screening opinion in a certain form to the Editorial Member in charge within 15 days after he/she was requested to screen the paper. The Editorial Member shall notify the Editor-in-Chief of the screening result within two days after receiving the screening opinion.
Article 7. Screening Result
The screening result shall be judged as the following four types:
(1) Publication without correction: judged as being able to be published without correction of the paper
(2) Publication after correction: judged as being able to be published after the correction of the paper
(3) Re-screening after correction: judged as re-screening is necessary after the correction of the paper
(4) Reject: judged as the details of the paper is inappropriate to be published or a large scale supplementation is necessary and thus new submission of a paper is desirable
Article 8. Review of Screening Result and Recommendation on Whether to Publish a Paper
If the screening results of two or more judges are received, the Editorial Member in charge shall handle the results according to the following procedures:
(1) If the screening results of the two or more judges are different, the majority rule shall be complied with. In other cases, the Editorial Member in charge shall judge and decide.
(2) The publication of the paper that received the judgment of “publication without correction” or “publication after correction” from the two or more judges shall be recommended to the Commission.
(3) For the paper whose author’s correction is necessary or re-screening is requested, the details shall be arranged, and the Commission Chairman shall notify the author of it. However the Editorial Member may directly notify the author of the details to be corrected.
(4) The Editorial Member recommends the paper corrected by the author after judged as “publication after correction” on whether to publish the paper through the Editorial Member’s review of the corrected details.
(5) The paper corrected by the author after judged as “re-screening after correction” shall be sent to the judge who made a request for correction, and the screening procedure in Article 4 hereto shall be undergone again.
(6) If the paper was judged as “Reject” by one or more judges, or if judges present different opinions, the Editorial Member in charge can decide by comprehensively judging it. However the Editorial Member may request re-screening by selecting a third judge, if necessary.
(7) In case of no prescription, the Editorial Member in charge shall handle in consultation with the Editor-in-Chief.
Article 9. Screening Judgment and Notification of the Result
(1) The Editorial Member in charge shall finally judge whether the recommended paper needs to be published in the journal of KOSMEE through checking it at the Commission. The Commission to judge the publication of the paper may be substituted in writing.
(2) The Editor-in-Chief shall notify the corresponding author of the decided publication alongside the predicted volume and issue numbers for the paper whose publication is confirmed.
(3) The Editor-in-Chief shall notify the corresponding author of the reason of “Reject” judgment for the paper judged as “Reject”.
(4) The period that an author can correct is six months maximum according to the judgment of “publication after correction” or “re-screening after correction”. The correction period can be extended up to two months through author’s request. Any paper not corrected within the correction period shall be regarded as “having no intention to be published” and thus it will be arranged as “Reject,” and then the author shall be notified of it.
Article 10. Confidentiality of Screening
The Editor-in-Chief, Editorial Member, Manuscript Editor, and Judge shall not let the list of judges be disclosed to anyone including the author(s). The details of screening shall not be disclosed to anyone except author(s).
Article 11. Appeal
The Editorial Member in charge shall coordinate different opinions between the paper submitter and judge(s), if there is an appeal on the screening result from the paper submitter. In case the different opinion is not coordinated well, the Editorial Member shall report it to the Editor-in-Chief, and handle it according to the resolution of the Commission meeting.
Article 12. Screening Fees
The Commission shall pay some screening fees to judges upon the end of the screening. However, the screening fees shall not be paid in case of re-screening.
Article 13. Screening Data
Various documents generated in the screening process shall be stored in the secretariat. If 24 months has passed after the paper was published in the journal of KOSMEE or after “Reject” was notified to the paper submitter, the documents may be scrapped after the Editorial Secretary reports it to the Commission Chairman.
Article 14. Effectuation of the Regulations
(1) The Regulations shall take effect from November 21, 1997.
(2) (Enforcement date) The Regulations shall take effect from June 27, 2003.
(3) (Enforcement date) The Regulations shall take effect from May 23, 2005.
(4) (Enforcement date) The Regulations shall take effect from May 29, 2009.
(5) (Enforcement date) The Regulations shall take effect from December 31, 2012.
(6) (Enforcement date) The Regulations shall take effect from January 1, 2015.
Copyright (c) 1997 by Korean Society for Marine Environment & Energy (KOSMEE).
Authorization to photocopy articles may be granted by the KOSMEE, provided the material is used on a personal basis only.
The Society does not consent copying for general distribution, promotion, for creating a new work or for resale. Permission to photocopy articles must be requested to the KOSMEE main office.
(office contact : firstname.lastname@example.org)